About the Byron Twilight Market
The Byron Twilight Market is a weekly boutique market in the centre of Byron Bay. The market is a showcase for local arts & crafts and a great opportunity for locals and visitors to enjoy the creativity inherent in the region.
What we are looking for
- Locally made, original, unique and high-quality items made by the stallholder,
- Residents of one of the following Shires (Byron, Ballina, Lismore and Tweed Shires).
- Food and beverages.
- Arts and crafts, clothing and jewellery.
- Healing Therapies, Astrology and Tarot.
- Children’s activities.
Stall fees include electricity.
A 10% discount will apply if you prepay your site for a full month in advance.
- Standard site 4m x 3m $65
- Half site 2m x 3m $45
- Corner site 4m x 3m $75
- Food stall 4m x 3m $90
- Beverage stall 4m x 3m $75
How to apply
- Click the button above and apply online.
- Read the online application from beginning to end.
- Read and understand the Byron Twilight Market Code of Conduct.
- Read and understand the Byron Twilight Market Rules and Regulations.
- Have a digital copy of your proof of address ready.
- Have a digital copy of your current PLI certificate ready.
- Food Stalls: Have a digital copy of your Food Permit & Food Safety Certificate ready.
Please only apply for this market once. Please be aware that the Twilight Market attracts a large number of applications. We only have 40 stalls available and will do our best to accommodate everyone. If you are not successful you will be placed on a waiting list and informed if a vacancy becomes available.
Notification of acceptance
- Notification of acceptance starts WEDNESDAY 17th August 2018
- Stallholders will be notified by email.
- Payment of stall fees start FRIDAY 24th August 2018 for the first market on 6th October
All stall sites are to be prepaid in monthly or weekly blocks. A 10% discount will be given to those who prepay for one month in advance. All payments are due Wednesday 4pm before market day, no exceptions. This is a prepaid market, no fees will be collected at the market.
Stall holders can pay for their site:
- Online with credit card, using the link in the invoice sent out each week.
- By phone with credit card during office hours 10am – 4pm Wednesday + Thursday
- In person. CASH ONLY at the BCC Box Offie during the hours Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10:00am – 1:30pm
Failure to pay
If the stall holder does not pay by the Wednesday before the market, the stall holder will lose their site for the upcoming market and it will be re-allocated to another stall holder on the waitlist.
If the stall holder continues to miss payments, their site will be in jeopardy. Stall holder co-operation is appreciated in this matter. Non-payment by a stall holder for any market site rental fee will result in a breach of the rules. Remittance of the correct fees is a pre-requisite for continued attendance.
Non-attendance & Absence
If a stall holder pays for their site and does not attend the market without giving notice, they will NOT receive a refund. In the first instance they will receive a warning and if it happens a second time they will forfeit their regular site. Twilight Market management will check with the stall holder, by phone or email, before taking their name off the allocated site, as long as the stall holder is reachable.
Late notice cancellation
If a stall holder cannot attend the market, they must give notice by Monday COB before the market date. A late notice of non-attentance at the market will be charged the full site fee. If management finds a stall holder to fill the absent stall holders allocated site, they will receive a refund. However, if management cannot find a replacement for the site they will not be refunded.
Monthly payments & cancellations
If a stall holder has paid for their site one month in advance and they cancel their site with two weeks’ notice, they will receive a refund for the market they will be absent from. However, if they cancel with only one week notice, they will be subject to the ‘late notice cancellation rule’ as above.
Outdoor markets are at the mercy of the weather and the Twilight Markets are no exception. The markets will not be cancelled except in very bad weather conditions, so please be prepared with sandbags and guide ropes.
Cancellation of a market
Any decision to cancel the market due to unsafe weather conditions will be made by management and stall holders the afternoon of the market at 2pm – and not before. This would happen if conditions are deemed severe enough to create a risk to health and safety, like road flooding, bush fire in the vicinity, extended torrential rain or gale-force winds.
The decision as to whether the market proceeds would be based on the following grounds:
- the state of the weather and the grounds
- potential health or safety hazards to the public, stall holders and market staff
- the potential for damage to the market grounds
- the viability of the market and the support demonstrated by stall holders
If the weather deteriorates during the day, a stall holder may only pack up with permission from market management, where there is a possibility of damage or danger. If a stall is allowed to pack up (eg stall holder has forgotten to bring pegs and weights on a very windy day and their marquee is damaged), they may not leave unless permission is given by market management, as this leaves gaps in the market and can cause other stalls to also prematurely pack up, although the majority of stalls may still be doing good business and want to stay.
If weather or natural disaster causes management to cancel the market stall holders will be refunded their site fee. If this occurs consecutively, management will refund 50%.
Cancellation will be notified to the public on the Byron Markets Facebook Page by 2pm and via text or in person to the stall holders.