Byron Community Centre houses a range of important community projects and services.
We provide support for our local community by hosting a range of community-based projects. These aim to better the lives of the people in need within the Byron Bay community.
These community-based projects include:
Our Homeless Breakfast Hub provides healthy and wholesome meals to those facing disadvantaged circumstances.
Wednesday between 7:30am – 9:00am.
The Homeless Showers project provides hot showers to those facing homelessness.
Monday and Wednesday between 10:00am – 12:30pm (book in at breakfast).
FEEL GOOD FRIDAYS
Friday (women only) between 1:00pm – 3:00pm at the Byron Community Cabin.
SEVERE WET WEATHER SHELTER
The Severe Weather Shelter project offers emergency shelter to those in need through extreme wet weather phenomena.
Signs at Byron Community Centre on days open with instructions.
FREE PHONE COUNSELLING for Byron Shire residents
Free phone counselling for Byron Shire residents who are experiencing distress.
Call 0415 322 064 between 10:00am – 2:00pm weekdays to make an appointment.
For women needing extra support please leave a message for our Community Worker on (02) 6685 6807.
Our Seniors Program is comprised of activities for seniors in order to inspire inclusion and life betterment.
Our Community Worker Ianna Murray runs all Rough Sleeper Projects, Feel Good Fridays and provides emergency relief and assertive outreach casework to those who require support to move out of homelessness.
Our community-based projects have played an important role in improving the lives of those who need support within the community and with the help of our dedicated staff and generous team of volunteers, we will continue to provide services which aim to connect and support the local community.
Byron Community Pantry for Byron Shire residents
The Byron Community Pantry is a food outreach program that provides food boxes to anyone unable to financially or physically shop. The Byron Community Pantry was paused in mid-December 2020 and will be reinstated should demand for this food outreach service again increase.
Please note that the Byron Community Centre does not offer the following services any longer:
- Housing Support: This service is now provided by My Momentum on Thursdays and Social Futures on Fridays at the Byron Community Centre.
- Money Matters: Unfortunately, we don’t offer this service any longer.
- NILS (No Interest Loan Scheme): This program is now offered through Northern Rivers Community Gateway. A NILS officer will be available at the BCC every 2nd Wednesday for consultation, please call to make an appointment 02 6621 7397.
- Emergency (Police, Fire, Ambulance) 000
- Byron Bay Police Station 02 6685 9499
- Byron District Hospital 02 6685 6200
- Connecting Home 1800 048 310
- link2home Emergency Overnight Accommodation 1800 152 152
- Domestic Violence Line 1800 656 463
- Mental Health Access Line 1300 369 968
- Lifeline 13 11 14
Vinnies Emergency Relief Conference 0477 550336
Salvos Connect Emergency Relief 1300 371 288
Contact the Community Projects team on 02 6685 6807 or firstname.lastname@example.org