About the Byron Theatre
Located in the heart of Byron Bay, within walking distance to the best cafes, restaurants, nightlife, accommodation and the beach, The Byron Theatre and Community Centre is the ideal North Coast venue for conferences and events.
The Centre offers multiple spaces for hire creating a range of options to suit your event and your budget. An outstanding contemporary venue, perfect for both small and large functions. Events can include
- artistic performances
- film screenings
- cabaret shows
- music shows and concerts: ranging from allocated seating classical concerts to standing/dance music events.
The Byron Theatre is the premier performance space in Byron, with superb acoustics, intimate atmosphere and friendly staff. The Theatre is an amphitheatre style auditorium with tiered seating for 246 people. The Theatre is fully air-conditioned, has a cinema size screen with state of the art audio-visual and sound facilities, including surround sound and Digital Cinema Package format (DCP).
The Theatre seating can be retracted to leave an open space with a 360-metre square, sprung dance floor suitable for cabaret style set up. The Events Bar and outdoor courtyard are always available for events.
The Byron Theatre is part of the Byron Community Centres’ not for profit social enterprise model. As a social enterprise, tickets to events in our theatre are worth a lot more than their dollar value! This means that funds raised from tickets sales will go towards a good cause and are used to provide services, projects and events that benefit our local community here in Byron Bay. So every time you attend an event in our theatre you’re helping us run vibrant and inclusive cultural programs for our local community. To learn more about our social enterprise please click here
Byron Theatre Events Bar
Our Byron Theatre Events Bar and courtyard are always available for all evening events. The Theatre bar offers a fantastic selection of local beers, wines, non-alcoholic beverages and snacks.
The Steinway Piano
The Theatre also owns a magnificent 1986 Steinway Grand Piano which is available for use when hiring the Theatre. For more information about our beloved Steinway Piano click here.
Byron Theatre Hire Package
- Hire package AU$980 (ex GST)
- Capacity: 246 seats
- Theatre stage specifications
- Theatre seating plan
- Technical specifications
We offer discounts for locals and not for profit organisations. Please contact Tanja Greulich (Venue Manager) for more information.
The full hire package:
- Ticketing system: online, phone and box office sales (+ $3.45* booking fee per ticket sold)
- 6 hours hire of the theatre, including all technical equipment
(see Tech Specs)
- 6 hours of house technician (includes pre-production, setup, show and pack down)
- 6 hours of Front of House manager and theatre ushers. The Box office will be open 1hr before show time.
- Theatre Bar sales to patrons (beer, wine, soft drinks & snacks)
- Event marketing: Theatre website, weekly newsletter to 10,000+ Theatre subscribers, What’s On poster, weekly Echo event listing advertisement, poster space outside and inside the venue.
- Technician rate $40 per hour*
- Duty Officer rate $40 per hour*
- Theatre hire $99 per hour*
- Seat removal: $210* (Capacity increases to 300-350)
- Piano tuning: $176*
- Marketing: event banner or poster distribution – Cost on application
- Live Audio/Video Recording – Cost on application
*All prices are GST exclusive