Byron Artisan Market
Every Saturday starting October 8th 2016 to March 2017
Venue: Railway Park, Jonson St, Byron Bay
Time: 4pm – 9pm
The Byron Artisan Market is a weekly boutique market in the centre of Byron Bay.
A showcase for local arts & crafts and a great opportunity for locals and visitors to enjoy the creativity inherent in the region.
Please thoroughly read the Terms and Conditions below before submitting your application.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR : Stalls will be selected that meet the following criteria :
- Locally made, original, unique and high quality items made by the stallholder.
- Residents of one of the following Shires (Byron, Ballina, Lismore and Tweed Shires)
- Food and beverages
- Arts and crafts, clothing and jewellery
- Healing Therapies
- The producer to be present on the day of the market
- Standard 3×3 $65
- Standard site with corner $75
- Food stalls $90
- 1/2 stalls $45
- Stall fees include electricity.
All stalls are to be prepaid in monthly blocks.
- OCTOBER STALL FEE DEADLINE (4 x stall fee) – Wednesday 28th September
- NOVEMBER STALL FEE DEADLINE (4 x stall fee) – Wednesday 26th October
- DECEMBER STALL FEE DEADLINE (4 x stall fee) – Wednesday 23rd November
(The fifth Saturday in December is 31/12 and we will be running the Soul Street event. The Artisan market will not operate that night.)
Payment deadlines for January 2017 and beyond will be advised in due course.
- The maximum electricity usage per stall is 80 watts. Low energy (LED or CFL) lighting is mandatory. Electricity is scarce on site and using too much will black out the entire market. Don’t let this be you!
- Stallholders must provide their own tested and tagged electrical leads.
- All electrical leads to stalls must be kept off the ground.
- Cables, attachments, and van sockets must be water-proofed.
- Management will supply electrical cabling as close to the stall for access.
Stall Site Set-up:
- From 3 pm each Saturday
- Trading hours for the market are 4pm to 9pm.
- The site must be cleared by 10pm.
- NO CARS are to be driven into the market ground. Cars can be BRIEFLY driven behind or around the market ground to unload – 15 minutes maximum. Cars can be temporarily parked on the road near the stalls or behind the line of trees in the park while unloading.
- To avoid congestion stallholders must unload and REMOVE their vehicles from Railway Park before setting up their stalls. Anyone leaving their car on site for 30 minutes or more will receive a warning letter. Two warning letters equals expulsion from the markets. (Sorry guys – we tried being nice last year and still people didn’t listen…)
- NO CARS are to remain in Railway Park after 4pm or re-enter before 9pm without management approval.
- Please park away from the site to make parking available for customers.
- Reserved sites will be held until 3.30pm ONLY
- Stallholders are responsible for leaving their site clean
- Stall sites are not transferable.
- All stallholders are required to comply with Occupational Health and Safety standards as required by the NSW Environmental Health Department.
- A smoke-free zone exists within 10M of food stalls and 12M of the playground.
Non-attendance at a market:
No shows or late notice of non attendance at the market will be charged the full stall fee. As the market is so small – a spare space is really obvious and detracts from the feel of the market. We also have a lot of stallholders wanting to attend this market and a no show / late notice prevents someone else being given a space. If you need to miss a market and give notice by 4pm Monday 50% of the fee will be rolled over.
Cancellation of a market:
If we cancel a market due to bad weather the stall fees will be rolled over to the next market and we will absorb the sunk costs. A decision regarding the cancellation of a market will be made by 2pm on the afternoon of the market day.
Notification will be via Facebook (and email/SMS).
PROCESS of ACCEPTANCE:
- Expression of Interest submitted
- Notification of Acceptance – stall holders will be notified by email / SMS
- Notification of vacancies
- Payment of stall fees – this is a pre paid market – no monies are collected on site.
- Attendance at the market
Outdoor markets are at the mercy of the weather and the Byron Artisan is no exception. The markets will not be cancelled except in extreme weather conditions so please be prepared.