Byron Artisan Market
October 2017 – Easter 2018
Venue: Railway Park, Jonson St, Byron Bay
Time: 4pm – 9pm
The Byron Artisan Market is a weekly boutique market in the centre of Byron Bay.
A showcase for local arts & crafts and a great opportunity for locals and visitors to enjoy the creativity inherent in the region.
Please thoroughly read the Terms and Conditions below before submitting your application.
Expression of Interest for this market will be available from Monday 4th September, ’17
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR: Stalls will be selected that meet the following criteria :
- Locally made, original, unique and high-quality items made by the stallholder.
- Residents of one of the following Shires (Byron, Ballina, Lismore and Tweed Shires)
- Food and beverages
- Arts and crafts, clothing and jewellery
- Healing Therapies
- The producer to be present on the day of the market
- Standard 3mx3m $65
- Corner $75
- Food stalls $90
- Half $45
Stall fees include electricity.
All stalls are to be prepaid in monthly or weekly blocks.
All payments due strictly Tuesday 4pm before market day.
- The maximum electricity usage per stall is 80 watts. Food stall power requirements are negotiated upon application.
- Low energy (LED or CFL) lighting is mandatory. Electricity is scarce on site and using too much will black out the entire market. Don’t let this be you!
- Stallholders must provide their own tested and tagged electrical leads. THIS WILL BE CHECKED. Stalls with untagged leads will be refused.
- Stallholders are responsible for providing leads that DO NOT have joins (no multiple lengths)
- All electrical leads to stalls must be kept off the ground.
- Cables, attachments, and van sockets must be water-proofed.
Stall Site Set-up:
- From 2.30 pm each Saturday
- Trading hours for the market are 4pm to 9pm.
- The site must be cleared by 10pm.
- Cars can be BRIEFLY driven onto the market ground to unload – 15 minutes maximum.
- Stallholders must unload and REMOVE their vehicles from the site before setting up their stalls.
- NO CARS are to remain onsite after 4pm or re-enter before 9pm packup without management approval.
- Please park away from the site to make parking available for customers.
- Reserved sites will be held until 3pm ONLY.
- Stallholders are responsible for leaving their site clean.
- Stall sites are not transferable.
- All stallholders are required to comply with Occupational Health and Safety standards as required by the NSW Environmental Health Department.
- No smoking within 10M of the entire site.
Non-attendance at a market:
No shows or late notice of non-attendance at the market will be charged the full stall fee. As the market is so small – a spare space is really obvious and detracts from the feel of the market. If you need to miss a market and give notice by 4pm Tuesday before the market date, 50% of the fee will be rolled over.
Cancellation of a market:
If we cancel a market due to bad weather the stall fees will be rolled over to the next market.
A decision regarding the cancellation of a market will be made by 2pm on the afternoon of the market day.
Notification will be via Facebook (and email/SMS).
PROCESS of ACCEPTANCE:
- Expression of Interest submitted
- Notification of Acceptance – stall holders will be notified by email / SMS
- Notification of vacancies
- Payment of stall fees – this is a prepaid market – no monies are collected on site.
- Attendance at the market
Outdoor markets are at the mercy of the weather and the Byron Artisan is no exception. The markets will not be cancelled except in extreme weather conditions so please be prepared.