Specialist Homeless Service
Who are we?
The Byron Community Centre (BCC) is part of Connecting Home; a support service for adults, young people and families experiencing or at risk of homelessness
Evidence shows the longer someone is homeless, the more difficult it is to assist them to stabilise their life and address issues of social exclusion. We aim to ensure people access the right support locally, when they need it and before they reach crisis point.
What do we do?
The Byron Community Centre Specialist Homelessness Service provides assistance to people in the following ways:
- Linking to the broader homeless services network.
- Assisting with social housing and other government services.
- Providing appropriate referrals.
- Accessing material aid, where possible.
- Ongoing support and case management, where appropriate.
- Financial and budget counselling.
- Access to our No Interest loan Scheme.
- Access to meals and other practical assistance.
Who are the services for?
People who are homeless or at risk of homelessness are able to access our Specialist Homelessness Services. The following assistance is available for these persons;
If someone has an immediate housing crisis:
Call Link2Home on 1800 152 152 for assistance with gaining temporary accommodation in the short term.
For those concerned about becoming homeless contact the Community Centre for more information.
For more information on Connecting Home –